Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Observation of Ainan's composure under stress

When I was a boy, my least favourite time was the taking of examinations. I always managed to do well...but I also always managed to feel very stressed by them. I can't say I enjoyed them, but society requires them of its children, for their advancement, and so, like most others, I endured them.

Yesterday I had the chance to observe Ainan in the same situation. His reaction was unlike mine: he was very composed, quiet, contained, focussed. Perhaps he felt the stress of it, but he didn't appear stressed - it was all very much under control within.

When he had finished, I asked him how it was. He gave a one word answer: "Fine", with a little nod. That minimalism is again Ainan's style: the matter was done, he had felt it went "fine" - and that was that: on to the next challenge.

Looking at the way he was, I must say I prefer his reaction to the one I remember for myself. It seems probable that he will have a better time of educational stresses than I did: from yesterday's example it seems fairly sure. I am thankful for that.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 11:37 PM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape