Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Monday, April 16, 2007

Malay Translations of Blog Posts

Today, so far, there have been about 2,700 visitors to this blog from Malaysia. In the light of this, I am going to try to include Malay translations of my postings in the future, to satisfy the interest of Malaysian visitors. Thus the same posting would appear in two languages. I would welcome your thoughts on this - from both English and Malay readers.

Malay postings will not necessarily be available at the same time as the English postings - but, if there is enough demand from Malaysia and Indonesia (as well as, of course, Singapore) I shall continue to post in Malay.

I hope this widens access to my blog. This post will be translated later - since I understand the irony of promising in English, a translation to Malay!

These translations will not, of course, be done by me, but by my wife, Syahidah Osman Cawley - so I thank her, in advance, for her help in this matter. I do not know whether she will have time to translate all postings - but she could certainly do some, which no doubt would help many readers.

Best wishes all.

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 7:58 PM 

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi valentine,

it is very interesting though reading through your posts.

i wonder how your sons really look like, dont you feel like having their pics posted with whatever they were experimenting. it would be very encouraging to your avid readers.

and i would love to know your secrets in breeding the geniuses. did your wife eat anythg or do anythg weird during her pregnancies?


thanks,
tara

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rozaimi said...

Salams,

God Bless your child. I just came to know of your son through the Malaysian paper:

http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/content.asp?y=2007&dt=0416&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Dalam_Negeri&pg=dn_01.htm

May God direct you and your child to enlightenment and greatness. Ameeeen.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Salaam indeed, Md Rozaimi

Thank you for your blessings and kind thoughts upon my family.

Best wishes to you and yours.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hye mr valentine..i am a student in Malaysia local University..thanx 4 ur blog...i got so many information from it...n thanx to utusan Malaysia coz published ur blog url there...before i forget..congratulation to ainan coz passed the O-level chemistry at seven..i think he has a friend here at malaysia who is a child prodigy too but he is genius in math..maybe u have heard his name "Adi Putra"

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=165853
http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=172021

nice to meet u again mr valentine...

2:39 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thanks for your congratulations.

Good luck in your studies - and send our regards to Adi.

Best wishes

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Morning and Salams..

Yeah.. i think you should post in Bi-language so people who not so fluent in english can share the joys of your child.. Furthermore, visitors, just like me can have more knowledge in raising a gifted children.

By the way, send my regards to your husband. He gave some valueable tips in raising my child.

Thanks and may success will always be with your family.

-fairudeen-

9:28 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Hi Tara

Thanks for your kind comment re. my blog.

I would like to upload more photos but, owing to technical failure (my computer doesn't recognize my camera) I can't upload right now. I don't know why they don't talk to each other better.

My wife did nothing special in her pregnancy or at any other time - and neither did I. We just ate whatever was available in England at the time: ordinary British food. I doubt this could have any effect, otherwise Britain would be overflowing with geniuses - and it isn't, as you might guess. (But then nowhere else is, either).

However, there is one thing we did do. We "chose our parents" well. What I mean by that, is that genius, and all other gifts, are basically genetic gifts passed on from one generation to another. If the right genes are present, the child will have something special - but if the right genes are not present - the child will not.

That is basically it. There are many families in history which show this effect. I posted about a number of Nobel Prize winners recently in which parents and children both won prizes. That is the sign of genes at work.

You haven't said if you are a parent - if you are, best wishes on raising your children. If you are not, best wishes on the day that you become one!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape