Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Super blog readers

As a sequel to my comment about the Finnish reader of my blog, I thought I should add that, contrary to what I had supposed, he or she had not finished reading, at that time. Ultimately, their single visit to the blog amounted to 3 hours, 8 minutes and 8 seconds. They read through 125 pages. Without a doubt, that is the longest anyone has spent on a single visit, to my blog since it began.

Yet, the Finnish reader is not alone. Someone today, from Singapore, spent two hours, eight minutes and 56 seconds on a visit, reading 65 pages.

Thank you all for taking such an interest.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 8:03 PM 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

I remember spending at about 6 hours a day for TWO days going through ALL the pages the first time I chanced upon this blog.

There will be many detractors with regard to the purpose and content of this blog. I hope you and your family will remain strong, oh and keep on writing!

best wishes
TUG

1:54 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you for your encouragement - and for your own interest in my blog.

Yes, I do remember your visits - in that you came repeatedly over a couple of days, for up to a couple of hours or more each time. It was good to see.

Yes, you are right. Some people love the blog - and are warm and supportive (and it is such people that make writing rewarding) - but there are others who seem to be filled with darkness who occasionally write nastiness to me. I try to be philosophical and set their bile against the kindness and well wishes of others - who seem to outnumber them by far. Most people are, after all, sane - and most people are, after all, able to appreciate what another has learnt from life - and parenting.

Best wishes to you TUG - and thanks for your continued interest in my daily writing labours!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape