Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Fortieth Birthday

Today, it is Happy Birthday me. I am forty years old.

I must say it seems odd to write that number. It appears to be rather greater a number than I feel has fairly passed. In other words, it didn't seem to take long to reach forty. That, in itself, is worrying. It implies it will seem just as brief a time to reach 80. Ouch.

However, much has happened in my forty years - particularly in the last ten of them. Since 30 I have gone from being a single man of no children, without a house to call my own (rented only) to a married father of three, living on a different continent, and in a pleasant apartment. So, quite a lot has changed.

Life is better now, I think than when I was 20 - so I can't complain. In fact, it is surprising to be able to write that. Everyone seems to think that the young have it better. I am not convinced that it is so. I am now twice as old as at 20 - yet I feel that life is a lot more than twice as good.

I don't have time to count my blessings at this point, since I am to take a brief holiday, for which I have to ready myself.

This blog is one of the new additions to my life since I was 30 - and an enjoyable one it is too. I shall keep writing. I hope you continue to enjoy reading.

Though I am halfway to being an old man...I am a contented one. Forty is not so bad, I think.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day all.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged eight years and one month, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, four years and seven months, and Tiarnan, two years exactly, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, College, University, Chemistry, Science, genetics, left-handedness, precocity, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, gifted adults and gifted children in general. Thanks.)

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 10:07 AM 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape