Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Breaking the 200,000 readers barrier.

In life, every little milestone is worth a minor celebration, of a kind: after all, that is how we measure progress in all that we do. So, today's little celebration concerns the number of readers to this blog: at 3.54 pm on 4th July 2009, there were 200,126 readers, in total, of my blog, since the day it began.

Now, just over 200,000 readers in less than three years may not seem like much, to many people. However, I realized long ago, that a blog about anything "gifted" is very much a niche market: few people are gifted, so few people, by definition, are going to seek out information relating to it. Yet, I am pleased, at this tally, for it means that, over the years, I have communicated, in some way, something, to over 200,000 people - or at least, 200,000 times, since a certain, unknown, proportion will be repeat visitors.

There are so many blogs in the world that I calculated, once, that were everyone who is connected to the internet, to read one blog a day, the average blog would, literally, have a handful of readers. No doubt that is, in fact, the case. So, given that, my 200,000 readers in less than three years, is not, in fact, a bad total. It indicates a significantly greater than average interest, in my material, by the global internet audience.

I have a certain target for my third year, of blogging, which I have not yet reached. I set myself the target of exceeding the total readership for the first two years combined, in my third year. We will see on September 19th 2009 - which will be the third birthday of my blog - whether I achieve it.

In the meantime, thank you all, for reading. I know that many of the ones who have written comments have enjoyed it. I can only hope that those who have not written comments, are enjoying it, quietly!

If you have enjoyed any of my blog posts, why not tell others about it, and let them enjoy it, too?

Anyway, I now am going to have a cup of tea, to celebrate (being a non-drinker...)

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged eight years and seven months, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, five years exactly, and Tiarnan, twenty-eight months, please go to:http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, College, University, Chemistry, Science, genetics, left-handedness, precocity, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, wunderkind, wonderkind, genio, гений ребенок prodigy, genie, μεγαλοφυία θαύμα παιδιών, bambino, kind.

We are the founders of Genghis Can, a copywriting, editing and proofreading agency, that handles all kinds of work, including technical and scientific material. If you need such services, or know someone who does, please go to: http://www.genghiscan.com/ Thanks.

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication prohibited. Use Only with Permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 3:52 PM 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shannon said...

Congratulations. Wishing you future blogging success.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you Shannon, for your kind words. As for me, I will just try to keep writing on what interests me at the time, and hope that interests some others, too.

Thank you for all your comments and feedback over the past year.

Kind regards

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape