Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Scientology: a disclaimer.

I note that Scientology have been advertising on my blog. I would like to point out that this is beyond my control. I have nothing to do with Scientology, nor do I wish to have anything to do with Scientology. My only encounter with it many years ago, was through a friend who was involved in it - and it seemed to cause her quite a few problems, if you ask me.

So, please do not assume that the Scientology ads are my choice. They are not. Google places whatever ads it pleases on its member sites. They have chosen to place Scientology ads on mine. I don't actually want them there, because some people assume that I am a Scientologist if the ads are present. I am not. Nor am I interested in being so. I have written to Google asking how to remove the ads...but they just sent me an unhelpful form letter by way of reply and didn't tell me how to proceed at all. So, I am left with the Scientology ads. If anyone knows how to remove a particular ad from a site, please let me know...because I think it would be better if I removed these ads, because of the assumptions people may make about me, if the Scientology ads continue to be present.

Thanks.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 10:37 PM 

5 Comments:

Blogger Einstein's Brain said...

I dislike how they are anti-psychiatry. Sure, psychiatry has its downfalls, but it has helped millions of people.
I do wish that we did have some choice in the banners that are on our sites.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Psychiatry has many problems, Christine...and I think that is why they are against it. Psychiatry gave us the lobotomy - and modern antipsychotic drugs which do exactly the same thing in a diffferent way. Their concerns are real. Yes. Certain types of people find psychiatry helpful...but other people are destroyed by what they do. Psychiatry is a mixed bag. They also tend not to listen to outsiders (as if they know better)...hence they can be rather alienating. It is unsurprising, therefore, if psychiatry has attracted high profile opponents. (Then again, Scientology has attracted just as many opponents...so they are similar in that regard).

Thanks for your comment.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Einstein's Brain said...

I do agree that antipsychotic drugs can be a problem. Many people who have committed serious crimes were on anti-depressants when or before they did their acts. I am not completely against those drugs, yet I think that there other ways to get rid of depression.
Those drugs that are often used for ADHD are over-prescribed. There are many reasons why some kids don't pay attention in school. They could be bored, have problems at home, not have enough discipline, or have another condition. Many great scientists and writers were daydreamers in school and gave their teachers a hard time.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the funny thing is that adsense works by looking at similaritires between the text you type for your blog and the ad itself.. so ur articles must have scientology based principles or altleast simillarities in thought... wich is why people complain..

5:19 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Err...no. That is one of the ways in which Adsense works...but if it were that, then there would be no scientology ads on my blog, because I don't think at all like one of them (which goes to show you know little about them).

Scientology can place an ad on whoever they please. They can request, for instance, to have ads placed everywhere that mentions child prodigies...or may even have specifically requested to advertise on my blog. That is altogether a different thing.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape