Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Welcome readers from Malaysia.

I note that hundreds of readers are arriving from Malaysia, today. Welcome.

Now, such a surge in readers usually means that an article has been printed somewhere: could you let me know where so that I might be able to secure a copy? Thanks...please just tell me in the comments below.

If you are new to my blog, you might be unaware that there is a guide. Please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html

On this page, you will find links to many of the posts, each with a brief description to help you with selection. Just scroll down until you find something you like.

I hope you enjoy reading and return to read again, soon. I update usually every day. This blog covers the doings of Ainan and my other two sons, as well as comment on life in Singapore and life in general.

Thank you.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged eight years and seven months, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, five years exactly, and Tiarnan, twenty-eight months, please go to:http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, College, University, Chemistry, Science, genetics, left-handedness, precocity, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, wunderkind, wonderkind, genio, гений ребенок prodigy, genie, μεγαλοφυία θαύμα παιδιών, bambino, kind.

We are the founders of Genghis Can, a copywriting, editing and proofreading agency, that handles all kinds of work, including technical and scientific material. If you need such services, or know someone who does, please go to: http://www.genghiscan.com/ Thanks.

IMDB is the Internet Movie Database for film and tv professionals.If you would like to look at my IMDb listing for which another fifteen credits are to be uploaded, (which will probably take several months before they are accepted) please go to: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3438598/ As I write, the listing is new and brief - however, by the time you read this it might have a dozen or a score of credits...so please do take a look. My son, Ainan Celeste Cawley, also has an IMDb listing. His is found at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3305973/ My wife, Syahidah Osman Cawley, has a listing as well. Hers is found at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication prohibited. Use Only with Permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 10:33 AM 

32 Comments:

Anonymous farin said...

http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html

10:51 AM  
Anonymous am nawi said...

The article about your family has been publish in Harian Metro. Click here to follow.

it such a bless! ;)

10:52 AM  
Blogger Cik WiDDy™ said...

There is an article about ur son...

this is the link :

http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html

11:11 AM  
Blogger rasaBijak said...

http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html

or Harian Metro Malaysia

.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous asraz said...

maybe from the http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just read an article about Ainan in today's online news paper (http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html) and i was amazed with his capability. I could not imagine how a small child like Ainan can understand the complexity of Chemistry & Physic knowledges. By the way i'd like to say congratulation to you as a father of gifted Ainan & his siblings because without your guidence and love he couldn't go nowhere. Please take a good care of them. I'm really impressed!!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous thisdayallgodsdie said...

http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html

-we found it from here.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

http://www.hmetro.com.my/Current_News/myMetro/Thursday/Setempat/20090716071445/Article/index_html

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Edmund Tay said...

Hi Mr. valentine,
I read re your blog in the Daily Express English Dailies from Kota Kinabalu,Sabah,East Malaysia. I was caught by the news but I heard abt your son's prowess from the News on radio last evening on Lite FM. Today it's out in the DE. So, I thought it'll be interesting to get to know you a little better.
BTW I do have a facebook at ametay1@hotmail.com . Or you can e-mail me at the same site too. It must be exciting and pretty cool to have three fantastic & blessed children who are brilliant. Am currently a Secondary School Principal in a small District called Tambunan about 80KM from Kota Kinabalu,Sabah. So, real life stories like this makes interesting motivational sharing for my students. I hope this will mark a new beginning of many more things to come. I thank you for the opportunity to get a glimpse of your son's story. Regards, Edmund Tay.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you Farin, for the link.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you Anonymous for your kind words. Indeed, it is true, that all children are lost without their parents - which is why it is so important to try to be a good one.

Kind regards

12:11 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

I am glad, Edmund, that our story should prove an inspiration to your students. Thanks for your kind words regarding my children.

Is it possible to send me a scan of the Daily Express article? If it is convenient, that is...

Thanks. However, if it is online, as well as hard copy there is no need. (Though let me know either way.)

Is that a normal email you gave me?

Kind regards

12:14 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

To All:

If you did not read of our story in the Harian Metro or the Daily Express - please let me know where you saw it. Thanks very much.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Serendipity said...

Hi Cawley, did your wife took any supplement or follow any dietary during her pregnancy?If yes, what kind of supplement/dietary that she took?

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Adam said...

Wow, I'm impressed with what Ainan can do. I'm 23 and studying Electronics Engineering and I'm awful at Chemistry and I'm just about okay with Physics :( haha!

By the way Valentine, have you actually come across any medical reasonings as to how Ainan came to poses this incredible skill?

If you have some material on it, would you mind pointing me to them? I'm actually very interested in the biology that makes all this possible.

Thanks.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Sorry Jhnzr, my wife did nothing unusual during her pregnancy - except eat a lot and put on a lot of weight - which, of course, is perfectly normal for pregnancy.

My personal view on this is quite simple: Ainan is very lucky. He got just the right genes from each parent, to have an effective mix with rare ability. Any other mix may not have been anywhere near as good.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Hi Adam,

Re. Medical reasons...there is very little data on this kind of situation - maybe because there are very few people showing these characteristics. It remains a bit of a mystery therefore. The answer, however, no doubt lies in the right genes coming together and working well with each other.

I will post my thoughts on this in a couple of months.

Kind regards

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Adam said...

Hi Valentine,

Thanks for the response. That was quick!

I look forward to reading your thoughts on this.

I also look forward to attending a Physics conference some day where Ainan would probably unify Classical Physics and Quantum Mechanics!

Best wishes,
Adam

3:49 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

I am sure, too, that Ainan will do interesting things scientifically...because he already is.

When I say "a couple of months" I do mean that...so don't expect comment until about September.

Thanks

4:12 PM  
Blogger Makbed said...

An article about your son was published in Harian Metro today. I'm so impressed. Your son is very talented and cute too.....

I am expecting my first child this August. And your son ability moved me. :-)

Take a good care. You have such a lovely family.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Hi Simawarhitam,

Your kind words are appreciated. You are fortunate to be looking forward to your first child: being a parent has many rewards which those who have never been parents cannot really understand.

I wish you, your wife and your child well.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous KJ said...

Hi Mr. valentine,

I read about Ainan's achievements in The Borneo Post, a local newspaper from East Malaysia. The link is http://www.theborneopost.com/?p=54901

Congratulations on Ainan's achievements and you have indeed done a marvelous job in educating him.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Hi KJ,

Thanks for the tip off - and the kind words. I have tried my best to educate him...and I suppose I am doing OK.

Kind regards

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the article on Borneo Post- frontpage. if i'm not mistaken, i suppose it is today's paper

1:42 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you for letting me know, re. Borneo Post.

Kind regards

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the malay mail :)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thanks wrt the Malay Mail...boy did that story get around Malaysia!

Cheers

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Ralphie said...

Mr.Valentine, most hearty congratulations on your son's success, however i must ask, are you a Scientologist? Your ad system promotes Scientology, and i do say its a most dangerous cult.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

No. I have nothing to do with Scientology or any other cult, of any kind.

Thank you for informing me, re. the ads. I didn't know. You see Google places its OWN ads, at its OWN discretion. They don't ask our permission before placing ads...so they can put anything up there. Sometimes, I have seen offensive ones...but fortunately they are replaced very quickly by others (they cycle).

I should perhaps contact Google re. ensuring no Scientology ads...but I don't really know how to speak with such a large, faceless organization.

I shall try.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno that ainan's taking o-level in physics?..ermm..

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Valentine,

have you ever thought about leaving Singapore in order to give Ainan the best possible education?

Or do you feel that his gifts are adequately supported now?

Have you heard of Alia Sabur? She has her own webpage. Perhaps Ainan could go a similar way in terms of education?

Do you remember the links I sent you regarding the documentary on Ainan and other gifted kids? I have one question about that. In the video, Ainan seemed to be rather reserved towards the interviewer. I was wondering why this is the case. Or is it just a misconception? Was he perhaps just shy?

Is it true that Ainan has taken his O-Level Physics in the meantime? If yes, did he pass? One article posted in the comments states that he took it and that he passed but I couldn't find an entry regarding this issue on your blog.

Kind regards,
Maria

6:38 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Yes, Ainan is quite shy sometimes. He can be really quite reserved. I think this is common amongst gifted children.

Yes. Ainan took his O level Physics and passed...I understand him to be the youngest to do so for this particular exam. I haven't mentioned it on the blog until now.

Thanks for your suggestion. I shall look into Alia Sabur.

Kind regards

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape