Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Why mosquitoes bite.

About two weeks ago, I was walking with Tiarnan, in our fairly green area of Kuala Lumpur. The light was fading and the sun slumping in the sky.

Suddenly, I slapped the back of my neck.

Tiarnan, three, looked up at me, quizzically. "Why did you do that, Daddy?"

"A mosquito bit me.", I explained.

He nodded, with the wisdom of a pint sized Yoda, "Because Daddy is so nice!"

Unexpectedly, I felt quite a lot better about being bitten by the mosquito. I rather liked Tiarnan's reasoning: I was being targeted by mosquitoes because I was "so nice!" How sweet of him to think so. The most touching thing of all, though, was that he really seemed to believe it, such was his earnest nodding. He had no doubt at all in him that he had divined the reason for the mosquito's attack.

So, Tiarnan, the next time I get bitten by a mosquito, I will take it as a compliment to my character. Thank you, my boy!

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, a scientific child prodigy, aged eight years and seven months, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, five years exactly, and Tiarnan, twenty-eight months, please go to:http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html I also write of gifted education, IQ, intelligence, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, College, University, Chemistry, Science, genetics, left-handedness, precocity, child prodigy, child genius, baby genius, adult genius, savant, wunderkind, wonderkind, genio, гений ребенок prodigy, genie, μεγαλοφυία θαύμα παιδιών, bambino, kind.

We are the founders of Genghis Can, a copywriting, editing and proofreading agency, that handles all kinds of work, including technical and scientific material. If you need such services, or know someone who does, please go to: http://www.genghiscan.com/ Thanks.

IMDB is the Internet Movie Database for film and tv professionals. If you would like to look at my IMDb listing for which another fifteen credits are to be uploaded, (which will probably take several months before they are accepted) please go to: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3438598/ As I write, the listing is new and brief - however, by the time you read this it might have a dozen or a score of credits...so please do take a look. My son, Ainan Celeste Cawley, also has an IMDb listing. His is found at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3305973/ My wife, Syahidah Osman Cawley, has a listing as well. Hers is found at: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication prohibited. Use Only with Permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 5:51 PM 

4 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Children are pure, they tend to look at the brighter side of life, this is something adult should learn from.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Yes. He - and they - see the world in a much more beautiful way than a typical adult can manage. Perhaps we should all try seeing the world, sometimes, through the eyes of a child.

Best wishes

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet. I'll try to remember this the next time a mosquito bites me again, and again, and again...

Therefore, a particularly large swelling must mean extremely strong feelings of admiration on the part of the mosquito. :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Yes, indeed, Carina...those mozzies just love you.

Take care!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape