Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Malice on the internet.

The internet is a malicious place, in many ways, for malicious people thrive in its apparent anonymity. However, they are not as anonymous as they think they are. Perhaps if they were aware of this they would act less often on their malice.

A couple of months ago, one of my email accounts was flooded overnight, with junk emails. Suddenly, an account which basically got no junk email, was utterly inundated with it, making the account effectively useless. Who had done this very immature thing? Who, out in the whole wide world, disliked me enough to trouble themselves to sign me up for a huge load of stupid websites? For a long time, I was befuddled as to who could have done this. Then, however, I had an idea. I am not going to tell you the idea, but the upshot of it is, I got a hold of the IP address of just who had registered me for this skip load of rubbish.

The IP address, of my “anonymous” persecutor, turned out to be: 71.85.194.29.

A search on this IP reveals that the perpetrator is registered to an organization called Charter Communications, operating out of Fallon, Missouri.

Now, that struck me as very odd. You see, I recognized that address as being from a regular reader of my blog. It seems that this reader is not a fan, but a kind of fiend. They are those who lurk, on my blog, not to enjoy reading it, but to enjoy hating it. I am familiar with the kind, they are what you might call, “anti-fans”.

Presently, I am considering writing a letter to the organization in question, pointing out the behaviour of one of their employees. It is conceivable that this might lead to disciplinary action against them. Any responsible employer would not approve of their conduct, after all. It is possible, therefore, that my “anonymous” attacker, might come to receive some kind of punishment. Now, wouldn’t that be poetic?

So, if you are considering doing some harm to someone on the internet, consider this: your “anonymity” is an illusion and everything you do is trackable on the net. Should you harm another, it is quite likely you will be discovered and face retribution of some kind. So, please, don’t do on the net, anything you wouldn’t be prepared to do, to someone’s face, in the real world. Not only would you be harming your victim, but ultimately, you are going to be harming yourself. It is possible, for instance, that my persecutor, might be out of a job soon. If so, they have no-one to blame but themselves.

Now, excuse me, I have a letter to write…

(If you would like to support my continued writing of this blog and my ongoing campaign to raise awareness about giftedness and all issues pertaining to it, please donate, by clicking on the gold button to the left of the page. To read about my fundraising campaign, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2011/01/fundraising-drive-in-support-of-my.html
and here: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2011/01/fundraising-drive-first-donation.html

To learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, 10, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, 7 and Tiarnan, 4, this month, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html

I also write of gifted education, child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, megasavant, HELP University College, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, Malaysia, IQ, intelligence and creativity.

There is a review of my blog, on the respected The Kindle Report here: http://thekindlereport.blogspot.com/2010/09/boy-who-knew-too-much-child-prodigy.html

Please have a read, if you would like a critic's view of this blog. Thanks.

You can get my blog on your Kindle, for easy reading, wherever you are, by going to: http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much/dp/B0042P5LEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1284603792&sr=8-1

Please let all your fellow Kindlers know about my blog availability - and if you know my blog well enough, please be so kind as to write a thoughtful review of what you like about it. Thanks.

My Internet Movie Database listing is at: http://imdb.com/name/nm3438598/

Ainan's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3305973/

Syahidah's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

Our editing, proofreading and copywriting company, Genghis Can, is at http://www.genghiscan.com/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Use only with permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 3:43 PM 

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Harris said...

You can't assume that it is the same person - according to their 2009 annual report, Charter has 3.1 million (long-suffering) high-speed internet subscribers. (And the apparent address of such attacks is often just a front for someone who has remotely taken over an unsecured computer.)

12:19 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Hi Enon,

The apparent address for the attacker, was Charter Communications itself according to Whois. I take your point, however, about the hijacking of computers.

Presently, Charter are investigating it.

Thanks for the tip.

Kind regards

Valentine

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape