Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Climbing the Technorati rankings.

Today, for no particular reason, I checked my Technorati ranking. The first time I checked, it was 8,155. That is my blog was ranked 8,155th out of all the hundred and fifty six million plus blogs in the world (as of February 2011). Pretty good, I thought. Later, I checked back and discovered that I had risen to 7,915th in the world. This means that my blog is in the top one out of 19,709 blogs - or in the top 99.995%. That seems pretty exclusive to me.

My Technorati Authority is now 403. This means that 403 blogs have linked to me in the last six months (at least that is my understanding of what this means). My Entertainment Authority now stands at 449, and my ranking on entertainment blogs is 810th. My Books Authority is 569 and I am ranked 214th in the world for all blogs that concern themselves with books.

Now, I am pleasantly surprised at these rankings. They mean that, in the almost five years that I have been writing my blog, it has become accepted, by many, as both authoritative and worth reading. What is more gratifying about this is that people find my blog through active searching and by recommendation: no-one reads a blog unless they want to, for a blog is something found through active searches.

Thank you to all my readers for reading. Don’t forget, that if you like a particular blog entry, please link to it, to share it with those you know. Of course, you could also tell other people about the blog. Thank you.

Posted by Valentine Cawley

(If you would like to support my continued writing of this blog and my ongoing campaign to raise awareness about giftedness and all issues pertaining to it, please donate, by clicking on the gold button to the left of the page.

To read about my fundraising campaign, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2011/01/fundraising-drive-in-support-of-my.htmland here: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2011/01/fundraising-drive-first-donation.html

If you would like to read any of our scientific research papers, there are links to some of them, here: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2011/02/research-papers-by-valentine-cawley-and.html

If you would like to see an online summary of my academic achievements to date, please go here: http://www.getcited.org/mbrz/11136175

To learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, 10, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, 7 and Tiarnan, 5, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html

I also write of gifted education, child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, megasavant, HELP University College, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, Malaysia, IQ, intelligence and creativity.

There is a review of my blog, on the respected The Kindle Report here:http://thekindlereport.blogspot.com/2010/09/boy-who-knew-too-much-child-prodigy.html

Please have a read, if you would like a critic's view of this blog. Thanks.

You can get my blog on your Kindle, for easy reading, wherever you are, by going to: http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much/dp/B0042P5LEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1284603792&sr=8-1

Please let all your fellow Kindlers know about my blog availability - and if you know my blog well enough, please be so kind as to write a thoughtful review of what you like about it. Thanks.

My Internet Movie Database listing is at:http://imdb.com/name/nm3438598/

Ainan's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3305973/

Syahidah's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

Our editing, proofreading and copywriting company, Genghis Can, is athttp://www.genghiscan.com/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Use only with permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 2:56 PM 

3 Comments:

Blogger Gauge-Invariant said...

Hi, the thought of starting my very own personal blog have been in my head for a few days already, and then I read this blog post as part of my regular reading of this blog. My reasons for starting it are :
1. To share my thoughts with the world-I think I have certain unique perspectives and viewpoints to offer the world, and to gain feedback, thru comments, on them
2. To improve my writing and grammatical skills
3. To function as sort of a time management tool
4. To record my thoughts so that I won't forget them
5.To earn some side income through having some ads placed on my blog

I am wondering-what should I do in order for my blog to be ranked high in Technorati? My interests-like intelligence, creativity, books, physics, science, are the same as yours,and I am also interested in health.

Could you advice me on what I should do when first starting out on my blog? I'd like it to be a long-term, serious project, and not just a hobby. Thanks!

I'll be happy to link to any of your blog entries that I like on my blog, like the science and history ones.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Dear Gauge-Invariant,

To make a blog successful, you should write your OWN material. No-one is very interested in seeing derivative posts which repeat what is said in many other places. If you write unique, interesting, insightful material, people will find it of worth and will link to it to comment on it or share it.

You have a good range of interests. If you write personal material in those areas, I am sure that some people will appreciate it and you will build a readership over time.

Your ranking on Technorati will build slowly over time, as people discover your blog, appreciate it and link to it. However, do note that Technorati is a measure of recent interest in your blog since your ranking will fall dramatically if you stop writing good material. So Technorati is a harsh judge, in some ways.

One of the best ways to make your blog successful is to write regularly - at least a few times a week and keep doing that.

Good luck.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thanks, Gauge, in advance for linking to any of my writings, from your own blog. Best of luck with it.

The most important thing of all is just to ENJOY writing it. People pick up on that enjoyment and, in turn, enjoy reading.

Happy writing.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape